Español 1: Finish all of the sentences on the front page of the worksheet (so... up to, and including, #12). Use pencil, so that you and your group members can discuss and make possible changes, miércoles .
Español 1: No hay tarea esta noche.
Español 1: This weekend's tarea is a not-exactly-required, sort-of-extra-credit assignment.... I won't give you a penalty if you don't do it, but I will reward those who do it, with an extra assignment grade. I can just say that you will learn this material better , if you do this assignment. You will do a screen video of the ENTIRE SCREEN (because it MUST include the date and time, at the top of the screen... like in the screenshot below-- - if you do not have that, I will not give you credit for the activity). You should practice for a minimum of 12 minutes (total), but significantly more minutes will make your assignment worth more. Here are the QUIA activities to practice with:
• This one, practicing SER vs ESTAR
• Also, this one, practicing ESTAR vs IR and EN vs A
• And, then, also this one to practice SER vs ESTAR
• And ,this one practices IN THE vs TO THE
You can do a screen video recording by holding down COMMAND+SHIFT+5
You must SAVE THE VIDEO to your drive, and then "share" it with me (don't attach it to an email... do the drive/share method.
Español 1: Write your OWN short Spanish sentences, and translate the into English (so that I know that you know what you were saying). You need to have the following:
• 2 that use SER forms (soy, eres, es, somos, son)-- check the new chart that I gave you for a reminder of what kinds of things you should use with this verb.
EX: ¿Eres inteligente? = Are you smart?
• 2 that use ESTAR forms (estoy, estás, está, estamos, están)-- check the new chart that I gave you for a reminder of what kinds of things you should use with this verb.
EX: ¿Estás triste? = Are you sad?
EX: ¿Están en la oficina? = Are they in the office?
• 2 that use iR forms (voy, vas, va, vamos, van)-- check the new chart that I gave you for a reminder of what kinds of things you should use with this verb.
EX: ¿Vas al baño? = Are you going to the bathroom?
Español 1: Go back to this QUIA activity that we started in class, and find 2 examples that use a form of IR (voy, vas, vas, vamos, vaís, van), and 2 examples that use a form of ESTAR (estoy, estás, está, estáis, están):
• Copy them onto paper (including the English lead-in, if there is one)
• Translate the whole SPANISH sentence you end up with after you make your verb choice
You got too many tardies, so: Vas a la oficina del director.
= You are going to the principal's office.
Español 1: Go back to this QUIA activity that we did in class, and find 3 examples that use a form of SER (soy, eres, es, soís, son), and 3 examples that use a form of ESTAR (estoy, estás, está, estáis, están):
• Copy them onto paper
• Translate the whole sentence
• TELL what category the adjective was (personality OR physical description? VS feelings OR where you are (note: we also use SER forms for telling where someone is FROM).
Estás enojado porque hay un examen.
= You are angry because there is a test.
Español 1: Use each of the 10 new "feelings" adjectives (page 15 or page 16 ... don't forget aburrido/a(s)).
Each time, start with , "Estoy ...", then put the adjective (with correct O or A ending!), then cuando ... and finish off en inglés (=in English!) with a situation for when you feel that way.
TRANSLATE the Spanish (remember: Estoy = I am/I feel... be sure to translate it that way each time).
Estoy emocionada cuando my husband gives me flowers for Valentine's Day! = (I am/I feel excited when...)
Español 1: ¡No hay tarea! (Unless you have not finished the back of the estar + places worksheet... be sure that is finished.)
Español 1: Finish JUST the front side of the worksheet practicing ESTAR en different places.
Español 1: ¡No hay tarea!
Check here daily for your tarea ! Be sure to pay attention to the date!